Participant Information Sheet
- It is well understood that regular exercise is an effective strategy for weight management and for improving metabolic health.
- A significant proportion of the population fall short of government physical activity guidelines, often due to having a lack of time to exercise because of work, family, and social commitments.
- The timing of exercise with respect to both the time of day, and in relation to food intake, may alter the benefits that are gained from exercise.
- The current exercise and nutrition behaviours of the population need establishing in order for successful future exercise interventions to be developed.
- Taking into consideration the impact of COVID-19 social distancing measures will provide insight into what happens to these behaviours when work, family, and social constraints are altered.
What is involved?
- Completion of a short online questionnaire about your exercise/nutrition behaviours and preferences before and after the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Should take between 5 - 15 minutes to complete. With your consent, you may also be contacted in the future with regards to your potential involvement in follow-up research studies in this area.
Who can take part?
- You must be aged 18 years or older.
- You must have been engaging in some form of planned and/or structured physical exercise:
1) At least once per week for at least 6 months prior to the implementation of COVID-19 social distancing measures in your country
2) At least once per week since the implementation of COVID-19 social distancing measures in your country
- If you are unsure whether you are eligible to take part, please contact the research team.
Participation and withdrawal
- Participation is voluntary, so it is up to you to decide whether or not to take part.
- You should read the full information sheet by clicking here and if you have any questions you should ask the research team.
- If you choose to participate, you are free to withdraw your data without giving a reason for up to two weeks after completion of the questionniare. If you wish to withdraw your data after data collection, you may do so by contacting one of the researchers and providing your unique ID code (generated at the start of the questionnaire), at which point all of your data will be destroyed.
Confidentiality, data storage and access
- Data will be stored securely in password protected files on a secure cloud server.
- Only the research team who are directly involved in the study will have access to identifiable data.
- Any data shared publicly will non-identifiable.
If you agree to participate in the project outlined above, please complete the following screening questions and the informed consent form, before continuing to the questionnaire.